Monday 14 November 2011

I am no Steve Jobs, but Sax is

And I realize I am no Steve Jobs. I can't stand in front of you for hours and make you understand, enjoy and want to buy everything I just spent an hour talking about - even if I am one of those computer illiterate kinds.

I don't have his skills. So when I watched something that was going on while watching T.V that paid homage to the amazing accomplishments he achieved, I couldn't help but feel like I was watching an old friend.

He actually reminds me of a fun character I just started writing about in my second book. In fact, I would cast someone like Steve to play Sax if the second book in the series was ever made into a movie - with just a little more hair. Bush man him up a bit. 

Even if I didn't know how successful, or how brilliant Jobs is, just the way he speaks would have earned my attention. Both Sax and Jobs are calm, cool and oh-so collected. 

I watched the program, entranced by him - and I am one of these not-so-great-with-technology kinds. I wished I was sitting in that audience, applying nearly everything he said, into ways to propel my book. I was a little in-love with him in those sixty glorious minutes; the way his tall, skinny frame strode across the stage, looking everyone in the eyes. I would have been one of the many bright-eyed youngsters looking up at him, enthusiastic to learn; to sap some of his brilliance.

I would have shouted, "You inspire me!"

I would have done so loud enough for him to hear. He would maybe have blushed, I would have laughed - and likely mostly everyone else too.

I could imagine Jobs giving me a polite node and a "That's great!" before he launched into another piece of genius. 

It was funny watching Jobs, loving him, all the while, feeling like I was watching the character I created in my head, and smiling in wonder on how someone living (or was when the program was made) and someone fictional, like Sax, are one of the same.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/search?query=TannisSkye

Tannis Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment