Wednesday 23 November 2011

Motivation you CAN'T pass up

I am the little engine that could. I keep on chugging along. I have something to prove. Little fish, big pond.

But even I run out of steam sometimes. And when that happens, I look for places to find new motivation to keep me on that track. When doing that, I found something, or more like, someone, I couldn't keep to myself.


In need of some one who I could relate to and respect, I came across the self-publishing and a success section of Google. This blog is a life saver. It made me realize that I don't need a big name company to support my writing; to believe in me more than I ever could for myself. What I need is really a dynamite agent that respects my desire to remain self-published and can propel me despite that. And to teach myself the ways to break into the self-publishing industry until I find that special someone to work with.

I knew what I am about to say and even though I already knew it, it didn't infuriate me until I read it: when you go with a big house publisher, typically they give you some kind of advance, take 30% in royalties and then OWN you. They decide what the paper back and ebook is priced at, what the cover art is going to be and so on. So even if I wanted to change the price or format for MY own book, I couldn't. 

I don't know about you, but I am too controlling for that. And as far as I have seen, charging $9.99 for an eBook when the soft cover coasts the same, doesn't make sense to me. If I don't have a say in my product/brand, it is no longer me. And I refuse to represent anything that is not completely me.

So, here is a successful traditionally published and e-published author with MANY great guest posts and interviews. This will motivate you - it did for me. It is also really nice to see someone else's process and experiences.

Here he is!

http://jakonrath.blogspot.com/

https://www.smashwords.com/books/search?query=TannisSkye

TannisSkye

No comments:

Post a Comment